What can Counselling and Psychotherapy help with?
- adverse childhood experiences
- anxiety or an inability to cope
- establishing and maintaining boundaries
- emotional regulation
- eating distress
- feelings of depression, sadness, grief, or emptiness
- coping with the effects of abuse
- problems dealing with stress or recovering from stressful situations
- difficulty making or sustaining relationships, or repeatedly becoming involved in unsatisfying or destructive ones
- low self esteem
- self-harm and suicidal thoughts
- difficulties coming to terms with loss
How will Counselling and Psychotherapy help me?
Therapy can be a powerful, life-changing experience which can help you to improve your mental health, overcome social or emotional challenges, and fulfil your potential. A trained therapist can support you to:
- express your feelings and process them in a safe and supportive relationship
- gain deeper insight into the issues you face
- talk about things in a confidential environment that you might not feel be able to discuss with anyone else
- find better ways to cope with feelings and fears
- change the way you think and behave to improve your mental and emotional wellbeing
- improve relationships in your life, including with yourself
- make sense of any clinical diagnoses you have had by understanding what has happened to you
- heal from trauma
- learn to communicate better and tolerate differences in yourself and others (UKCP)
Online & Telephone Therapy
I provide counselling and psychotherapy online (e.g., Zoom, Skype, FaceTime, WhatsApp) and by telephone, so no matter where you are in the UK, you can securely and easily access therapy. I’ve worked online and via the telephone since 2010 and value the opportunities they provide to help us stay connected.
There are many different reasons why people choose to have therapy online or by telephone rather than in person. Reasons might include lack of transport, time constraints, being unable to leave the house easily or childcare challenges.
Click the button below to download more information about Online and Telephone Therapy.